kb2984976
Benedetti White,Arthur D (BPA) - JNI-2
2014-10-17 17:35:53 UTC
Has anyone else seen issues after kb2984976 is installed, we have 385 G5 systems that have hung after that patch is installed it seems. The systems now just prompt for being reimaged.

-arthur
Philip Elder
2014-10-17 18:27:38 UTC
Maybe coincidence but HP revoked their certificate used for signing all sorts of things:
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/10/signed-malware-is-expensive-oops-for-hp/comment-page-1/

Philip Elder MCTS
Microsoft Cluster MVP
MPECS Inc.
55 Chevigny Street, Unit 50
St. Albert, AB. T8N 7L3
Phone: (780) 458-2028
E-mail: PhilipElder-Rw1uVbqJjJMsA/***@public.gmane.org
Author: Small Business Server 2008 Blueprint

Chef de partie in the SMBKitchen ASP Project
Find out more at the SMBKitchen ASP Project Site

Blog: blog.mpecsinc.ca
Twitter: @MPECSInc
2014-10-20 14:12:23 UTC
The HP certificate revocation is due tomorrow, Tuesday 21st October.

Best regards,

Stephen Cartwright
Systems Administrator

Has anyone else seen issues after kb2984976 is installed, we have 385 G5 systems that have hung after that patch is installed it seems. The systems now just prompt for being reimaged.

-arthur

---
PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik

The content on the email list is intended for assisting administrators. If you would like to use any of this content in a blog or media publication, please contact the owners of the list for approval.

ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
https://admin.exchangedefender.com/verify.php?id=s9HIRc6O002843&from=philipelder-Rw1uVbqJjJMsA/***@public.gmane.org

---
PatchManagement.org is hosted by Shavlik

The content on the email list is intended for assisting administrators. If you would like to use any of this content in a blog or media publication, please contact the owners of the list for approval.

If you are unable to unsubscribe via this email address, please email
owner-patchmanagement-Vbinuuz+i/1cyoYjzPa5A0B+***@public.gmane.org

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service.

This message is sent in confidence to the addressee only. The contents should not be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this message in error please advise the sender. Any opinions expressed are those of the author only and not necessarily the Society or Company. This e-mail does not constitute either offer or acceptance of any contractually binding agreement.

Family Investments is a trading name of Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited (incorporated under the Friendly Societies Act 1992, Reg. No. 939F), Family PEP Managers Limited (Co. No. 2934967), Family Investment Management Limited (Co. No. 1915516) Family Equity Plan Limited (Co. No. 2208249) and Family Enterprise Limited (Co. No. 2489291). Governor and Governor Money are trading names of Governor Finance Limited (Co. No. 07210404). Registered in England & Wales at 16-17 West Street, Brighton, BN1 2RL, United Kingdom.
Family Assurance Friendly Society Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Family PEP Managers Limited, Family Investment Management Limited, Family Equity Plan Limited and Governor Finance Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Details can be found on the Financial Services Register (under numbers 110067,171880,122394,122351 and 535944 respectively) at http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/home.do. Family Enterprise Limited is not authorised or regulated.

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service.
Julian Harper
2014-10-20 15:29:12 UTC
I don't have any HP machines, other than a "Cisco" server that controls our phone system, so I don't think this is going to affect me, but do we really know what the fallout for this is going to be?

I certainly have a lot of HP print drivers installed!

When I first read about it people seemed to think it could have a big knock on effect for the system restore partitions.

Julian Harper
IT Manager
Laytons Wine Services Ltd

Cain, Steven
2014-10-17 18:52:07 UTC
But the cert doesn't get officially revoked until October 21st.

"Our PC group is working through trying to create solutions to help customers if that actually becomes a real-world scenario, but in the end that's something we can't test in a lab environment until that certificate is officially revoked by Verisign on October 21."

Steve Cain
Sr. System Administrator

Author: Small Business Server 2008 Blueprint